Sunday, September 20

Post from the past: Apple Oatmeal Crunch Recipe

As much as I love the warmth of summer is how much I love the colors of fall. The oranges, yellows, greens, and reds all blended together. It is just so beautiful.

On my drive home from work I pass fields of pumpkins with colored hillsides in the background. Absolutely beautiful! (It even makes having to wear a sweater worth it)

Earlier this year we planted pumpkin seeds but I am not sure the pumpkins will be ripe in time for Halloween. They may end up being Thanksgiving pumpkins. Oh well, we need pumpkins for Thanksgiving too.

The apples that we planted 3 years ago gave us quite the bumper crop this year (is that the right word?).


We actually had too many to eat so my SIL suggested using them to make an apple crisp. Great suggestion! I found a really simple recipe and made 2 batches.

They came out so yummy!

My hubby then “kicked it up a notch” and made an apple/peach cobbler. That was even yummier than the plain apple one.




Now I will have to convince him to make a plain peach cobbler. Oh, that sounds so yummy!

Go Green: Grow some of your own fruits and vegetables

P.S. Read my latest post on BD about Handwashing

3 comments:

pipper said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Daisy said...

I love cobblers and crisps in the fall when fruits are fresh. Did you plant an apple tree? What kind? I buy mine at the farmers' market.

Over Coffee - the green edition said...

About 3 years ago we bought an apple “tree” that grows more like grape vines and grows 3 different kinds of apples. It is the coolest thing ever! We had tons of apples last year but none this year (coincidentally we did not have many bees this year either). We also planted a small apple tree this year which produced 1 lone apple. It reminds me of the Charlie Brown Christmas tree. I should take a picture of it. It makes me laugh every time I look at it.