Friday, February 27

3 R Friday

Welcome to the weekly series called 3R Friday!

This is where I share tips for easy day-to-day things we all can do to Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle our way to a brighter shade of green.

Hope you find these tips helpful!

Reduce: Reduce your usage of plastic and paper bags by using reusable bags.
  • Take them grocery shopping

  • Use them to carry items to friend’s houses

  • Take them with you when you go clothes shopping

  • Use small reusable bags for produce

  • Share reusable bags with family and friends

  • Use them when you go to the library

  • Wrap a present in one

  • Never leave home without them
Reuse: Reuse your coffee grounds.
  • Sprinkle them around your yard to keep unwanted animals (such as cats) out of your yard

  • Use them in your compost for added nutrients

  • Add some to acidic soil loving plants like rosebushes and azaleas

  • Use them to dye fabric, paper, or eggs

  • Spread them around anthills

  • Dry them and use them as a deodorizer

Recycle: Buy recycled!
Whenever possible, purchase items that are made from recycled materials.

Share your 3 Rs too.

Also, if you have any ideas for a cute button for 3 R Friday please share that with me too.

Have a safe, happy, Green weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GoBabyMom has left a new comment

Great ideas!

I always put my reusable bags in my trunk right after I put the groceries away- that way I always have them.

I like to carry snacks and diapers for my 2 year old in them also- I hate diaper bags and I think the reusable ones look just fine on the back of the stroller.

Joann Fabrics even sells them, so I bought one when I went fabric shopping. It's extra-big so it works well for oversized groceries (like paper towel multipacks) that otherwise don't get bagged.

In terms of the coffee grounds- you can re-use them as long as they are still wet. So on those mornings you need another cup, just sprinkle a little bit of fresh grounds on top of the batch in the filter, and make as usual. Saves on buying new coffee all the time, too!

Over Coffee - the green edition said...

Great ideas and tips GoBabyMom! There are so many great ways to use reusable bags and so many cute ones out there. You can easily find one for every occasion.