Welcome to the weekly series called 3R Friday!
This is where I share tips for easy day-to-day things we all can do to Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle our way to a brighter shade of green.
Hope you find these tips helpful!
Reduce: Reduce your usage of plastic and paper bags by using reusable bags.
- Take them grocery shopping
- Use them to carry items to friend’s houses
- Take them with you when you go clothes shopping
- Use small reusable bags for produce
- Share reusable bags with family and friends
- Use them when you go to the library
- Wrap a present in one
- Never leave home without them
- Sprinkle them around your yard to keep unwanted animals (such as cats) out of your yard
- Use them in your compost for added nutrients
- Add some to acidic soil loving plants like rosebushes and azaleas
- Use them to dye fabric, paper, or eggs
- Spread them around anthills
- Dry them and use them as a deodorizer
Recycle: Buy recycled!
Whenever possible, purchase items that are made from recycled materials.
Share your 3 Rs too.
Also, if you have any ideas for a cute button for 3 R Friday please share that with me too.
Have a safe, happy, Green weekend!