Today, March 22nd is World Water Day.
Water resources are facing increasing demands from, and competition among, users. In 1992, the UN General Assembly designated 22 March of each year as the World Water Day.
There are many ways we all can use water more responsibly and do our part to ensure the availability of clean water for all!
- Reuse your bath towels at home or while staying in a hotel
- Turn off the water while you shave and save up to 300 gallons a month
- Wash your pets outdoors in an area of your lawn that needs water
- Listen for dripping faucets and running toilets. Fixing a leak can save 300 gallons a month or more
- Insulate hot water pipes
- Use a commercial car wash that recycles the water
- Use a water-efficient showerhead. They're inexpensive, easy to install, and can save you up to 750 gallons a month
- Teach your children to turn off faucets tightly after each use
For more Water Saving tips, click here.
Share your water saving tips!