Friday, April 24

3 R Friday

Welcome to 3R Friday
A weekly series of simple tips geared toward helping you darken your shade of green. Easily.
Reduce: Reduce birthday party paper waste
  • Send electronic invitations
  • Call the party guests
  • Skip the envelopes
  • Print your own postcard size party invitations & thank you cards
  • Buy invitations & thank you cards made from recycled paper
  • Instead of birthday cards, attach a label to the gift

Reuse: Reuse items you have to wrap a gift

  • Reuse gift bags, bows, ribbons, gift boxes, & tissue paper you receive gifts in.
  • Reuse regular boxes for presents and wrap them in homemade gift wrap, comic pages of a newspaper or recycled wrapping paper
  • Use a reusable bag as a gift bag

Recycle: Don't throw your Crocs away; Recycle them!

Crocs, Inc. launched a new recycling program called, SolesUnited, in early 2008. Blending environmental and humanitarian efforts, they collect, regrind, and remold your old Crocs shoes into new and donate them to people in need of shoes around the world.

Hope you found these tips helpful. Feel free to share any tips you may have.

Have a Great Green Weekend.

Thanks again to my friend Cheri (sjvbcl@netscape.net ) for my cute new 3R Friday button!

2 comments:

Misty said...

I always love your 3R friday posts. Last year for my daughter's birthday party I "went out on a limb" and just used evite - ever since then every single one of her friends' moms has done the same, they were just all waiting for someone to show that it was "acceptable" - afterall, it's so much EASIER - it's a win/win.

I have a tiny croc addict so we are definitely going to be making use of that info too!

Over Coffee - the green edition said...

Thank you Misty! Today of all days this was nice to hear.


I am glad that you started a trend! I use evite too and it really is easier, both to send and to receive. I especially like the map feature.

Let me know how the Croc recycling works for you.