Friday, June 26

3 R Friday

Welcome to 3 R Friday

A weekly series of simple tips geared toward helping you darken your shade of green. Easily.

Reduce: Reduce your post-it note usage.

I use a lot of sticky notes at work so I am always looking for ways to reduce the amount I use. Here is what I do; I try to use the smallest ones whenever possible, I cut the bigger ones in half whenever I can, I save ones that contain messages that I tend to use over and over again and reuse them. I also recycle them when I can (our paper recycling now accepts post-its!)

Reuse: Reuse hair and dryer lint for composting material.

I keep a small bag in my laundry room and every time I empty the lint catcher I put the lint into the bag. When the bag gets full, I had the lint to my compost bucket. I do the same for all the hair that I remove from my hairbrush and my daughter’s hairbrush. You would be amazed at how much hair and lint you can collect in a week.

Recycle: Recycle ink and toner cartridges at OfficeMax.

My son’s school keeps a box up all year where parents and staff members can deposit their used/empty cartridges. The school earns credits for the cartridges they return which they use to buy supplies for the school. Win for the environment and a win for the school.

Hope you found these tips helpful. Feel free to share any tips you may have.

Have a Great Green Weekend!

No comments: