Probably not the kind of slogan the gum makers would endorse but when combined with this pose
it makes my daughter laugh.
And there is nothing sweeter to a mother's ears than hearing her children laughing together!
- All natural chewing gum
- Made with sustainably harvested rainforest chicle (see below)
- No artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners (no aspartame)
- No preservatives
- Minimum processing with no chemical pesticides
- Made in the USA
- A 1% for the planet member
- Minimal packaging in a recyclable box (no plastic over wrap like other gums)
- Child friendly size
What is chicle?
According to Glee's FAQ page: Chicle is the sap from the Sapodilla (pronounced "Sap-oh-dee-yah") tree, which grows in the rainforests of Central America. Chicle was the original basis for all chewing gum, until synthetic gum bases were developed. By using chicle, we support chicleros, the workers who tap trees for chicle. We also create a use for the Sapodilla trees, which otherwise have economic value only as lumber. Read more.
Glee Gum comes in many flavors: Tangerine, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Spearmint, Bubblegum, and Triple Berry. My children's favorite flavor is bubblegum (probably no surprise there).
From their website I see that you can buy Glee Gum in bulk. Seeing how much of this gum that my children eat I will have to purchase a few of these bulk packages for them.
Although my children love the gum and I am happy to buy it for them, I am not a big fan of it myself.
- The size is perfect for children (1 piece for my 4yr old and 2 pieces for my 8 yr old) but too small for adults (I had to chew 4 pieces and at 99 cents a box, I would rather save them for my kiddos)
- It is very sticking and actually sticks to my fillings and caps (which I am sad to say I have a lot of). My kiddos did not have this same problem.
- The flavor fades quickly. (Once again this is fine for the kiddos cuz they don't usually chew gum for long periods of time like I do.)
I do like the flavor, I just wish it lasted longer. As long as my children like it that is what matters to me ;-)
Their website is also full of great information like this very informative From Tree to Glee editorial.
P.S. Glee Gum's real slogan: Don't be glum ;-( Chew Glee Gum ;-)