Recently I was asked to help spread the word about a contest that Seventh Generation is hosting. With one of the grand prizes being a trip to an Eco-Spa how could I resist!
Here is the scoop:
Seventh Generation is hosting an “Under the Sink Makeover Contest” from July 22 to August 14, 2009 that asks you to reveal your best friend’s dirtiest secrets – those hiding under the kitchen sink, that is!
With the area under the kitchen sink as a family’s typical dumping ground for chemical products, Seventh Generation wants families nationwide to know about – and detox – this potentially hazardous area, usually within arm’s reach of kids.
The “Under the Sink Makeover Contest” is seeking nominations on www.SeventhGeneration.com/under-the-sink through August 14, for under the kitchen sink areas that are in desperate need of organization and detoxification.
- Submit a photo of the area under a friend’s sink
- and a 250-word description on why they deserve an under the sink makeover (e.g., she’s concerned for the health of her family and the environment, the area under her sink a toxic wasteland, she’s overwhelmed by the chaos of motherhood and wants to change but doesn’t know where to begin, etc.),
for a chance to win great prizes!
- An in-home consultation at the friend’s house with Dr. Alan Greene, practicing pediatrician and specialist in green living
- A one year supply of Seventh Generation products for both the entrant and the friend in need
- A trip to New York City for the entrant and her friend that includes a one-night stay at the W New York – Times Square hotel
- A day of pampering at New York’s Green Spa that will include a Body Polish, Wellness Massage, Ocean Vegan Spa Manicure/Pedicure along with a one hour make-up application and lesson
Four other finalists and their friends will receive:
- A Seventh Generation Living Home Starter Kit containing a variety of home-cleaning products for their own under the kitchen sink makeover
- A luxurious Lavera home spa kit containing Lavera’s customer favorite BODY SPA shower gel, body scrub and bath salts, and premium LAVERÉ Anti-Aging body lotion to pamper themselves.
I am pretty sure that your friend would gladly let you take pictures of the dirty little secrets hiding under their kitchen sink for the chance to win these prizes (I know I would!)
To give you a little taste of what the contest has to offer, Seventh Generation is kindly offering 1 of my readers the chance to win a Seventh Generation Living Home Starter Kit
This non-toxic, clean & green kit includes:
- Kitchen Cleaner
- All-Purpose Cleaner
- Glass & Surface Cleaner (my favorite glass cleaner)
- Shower Cleaner
- Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Tub & Tile Cleaner
- 100% Recycled Brown Paper Towels (the only ones I use)
- Seventh Generation Tote Bag (very sturdy)
Everything you need to clean your home in a healthy, non-toxic way!
To Enter: Leave a comment telling us what dirty little secret hides under your kitchen sink. (the funnier the better)
Don't forget to include your e-mail address (if your profile does not have it listed)
Giveaway Ends: Sunday Aug 2nd when I will pick the winner!
Extra Entries: Blog about this giveaway and post the link here. Subscribe to Over Coffee -the green edition or become a follower and let me know you did (BTW, I really appreciate everyone who already has and I promise that this is the last giveaway that will include this extra entry)
and be sure to let me know when you win the Grand Prize!
Misc Green Fact: If every household in the U.S. replaced just one 32oz. of solvent based cleaner with a 32oz bottle of one All-Purpose Cleaner, we could save 9.3 million pounds of VOCs from entering our environment.