That was my first introduction to an amazing company called GreenSmart that transforms the mounds of plastic bottles into usable fabric.
Did you know the United States alone, 230 bottles per person go to landfill per year. That is enough crushed bottles to fill the Rose Bowl Stadium in California every two weeks.
As I type this review that fabulous shoulder bag is sitting right next to me looking as new as it did when I first received it. Even after being used every day via rain, snow, sun, dirt, kids, & travel (just to name a few). And I still love it!
So when GreenSmart asked me if I would like to try one of their new neogreene laptop sleeves I was more than happy to oblige cuz I knew I would love it! And I was right.
neogreene is an eco-friendlier version of neoprene developed by GreenSmart.
- none of the toxins found in typical neoprene
- produced via a water based chemistry (replacing solvent adhesives with water based adhesives)
- contains all of the positive physical attributes of neoprene (squishy and smooth material with a little bit of stretch)
- no chemical VOC smell
- uses 25% less electricity and 25% less petroleum to produce
“It’s important to GreenSmart that we offer products that are safe for our factory workers, our retailers, our customers and the environment”, said Debbie Williams, company Vice-President and co-Founder. “ Anything we can do to remove toxins from the environment is a good thing, and to get petroleum and energy savings too, is an added bonus. It practically defines green for our company.”
The first products made from neogreene are laptop sleeves and bottle totes followed, this fall, by lunch bags and wine bottle totes (something I am looking forward to)
The new neogreene laptop sleeves:
- come in 7 sizes ranging from the netbook to Mac sizes to 17” widescreen (which is the one that I had the privilege of sampling)
- have 4mm walls for optimal protection and minimum weight
- 2 easy to grab zipper pulls
- "TSA Approved" (I have not had the chance to take mine to the airport yet but when I do I will let you know how it goes)
- specially designed to allow your laptop to breath
Would you like a laptop sleeve that is non-toxic and made from an eco-friendlier version of neoprene?
Thanks to the kind folk at GreenSmart, now you have the chance to win one. (Thanks guys!)To Enter: Visit the GreenSmart website, take a look at their products, learn how bottles become bags, learn more about neogreene, then come back here and leave me a comment telling me something you learned and what size sleeve you would like.
Don't forget to include your e-mail address (if your profile does not have it listed)
Giveaway Ends: Sunday Aug 9th!
Extra Entry: Blog about this giveaway and post the link here.