***100 % Organic Cotton Pajamas for children size 6 months to 10 yrs for $11.99!
I was so excited!
I immediately scooped up a pair for each of my children. And yes, they are very soft (something that both my children happily noted when I had them try the new PJs on)
Here are a few reasons why I was so excited to find reasonably priced organic cotton clothing:
- Organically grown cotton is not treated with pesticides, herbicides or petroleum based fertilizers.
- Conventional cotton is one of the most chemically-dependent crops: 10 percent of all agricultural chemicals & 25 percent of insecticides on 3 percent of our arable land
1/3 of a pound of chemicals are needed to produce enough cotton for a T-shirt and 3/4 of a pound for a pair of jeans!
- Compost, frequent crop rotations and cover crop strategies replace synthetic fertilizers to keep the soil healthy and productive.
- Weeds are controlled by innovative farm machinery, hand labor or flame devices rather than herbicide applications.
- Organic farmers cultivate a diversity of natural enemies which prey on insect pests, and lure pests away from cotton by planting trap crops.
- Organic growers shut off water early, and apply certified materials to promote cotton boll opening and leaf dropping, readying the fibers for harvest.
- Natural Organic Crib Mattress
- Organic Changing Pad
- Boppy® Organic Bundle
- Warmies® Reusable Cloth Wipes
- Bamboo Fitted Diaper Bundle
When I looked closely at the label I was a little disappointed to see that the PJs were made in Korea and not the USA.
I also saw that the PJs were not flame resistant, another +.