Friday, October 30

3 R Friday

Welcome to 3 R Friday

A weekly series of simple tips geared toward helping you darken your shade of green. Easily.


Reduce: Reduce the amount of chemicals your baby ingests by making your own baby food using organic fruits and veggies. You will also save $ and resources by keeping all of those glass jars out of the landfill/recycling.

Reuse: Reuse your jack-o-lantern to make pumpkin soup or pumpkin pie.

Recycle: Recycle your gently used household items with a local charity.
If you live in the Portland Oregon area you can donate many items at DonorsResource.org

Hope you found these tips helpful. Feel free to share any tips you may have.
Have a Great Green Weekend!

2 comments:

Daisy said...

I bought baby food for my first; made it for my second, wondering all the while what took me so long. It was so easy, and so cheap!

Over Coffee - the green edition said...

I agree! I would spend a few hours every weekend making babyfood for the following week and freezing it in single portion amounts. I felt so much better feeding it to my babies. Plus, it helped transitioning them to "real" food!