Halloween Safety Tips
By Lena on October 21, 2008
With Halloween fast approaching now is a good time to review some tips to help ensure you and your little goblins have a safe Halloween.
- Ensure costumes fit well and are fire proof.
- Look for costumes that don’t require masks.
- If your children are going to wear a mask, ensure the eye holes are large enough for them to see out of.
- Ensure costume props are smooth and flexible so they won’t hurt your child if they fall on them.
- Set jack-o-lanterns away from the front door so that the candle does not accidentally set trick-or-treaters costumes on fire.
- When trick-or-treating, carry flash lights or glow sticks.
- Consider putting reflective tape on your child’s costume.
- Trick-or-treat in familiar neighborhoods.
- Only go to those houses that have their lights on.
- Don’t let young children trick-or-treat by themselves.
- Look both ways before crossing the street.
- Trick-or-treat in groups.
- Inspect all candy before your kids eat it.
For more tips on how to keep your children and pets safe this Halloween, visit the Halloween Safety Guide website.
Here's hoping that you are your little goblins have a Happy Halloween!