– Collect your Elmer's Washable School Glue and Glue-All bottles that are marked with a #1 or #2 recycling symbol.
-Elmer's Glue Sticks will not be marked with a recycling symbol, as they are made with plastic that requires special handling and therefore can only be recycled at designated facilities.
– Clean the empty glue bottles and glue sticks the best you can with warm water
– Create a special collection receptacle from a corrugated cardboard box for collecting the empty glue bottles and glue sticks in your classroom.
– Once full, close up the box and print the official Elmer’s Glue Crew Recycling Program™ mailing label and affix to the outside of the box.
– Bring your full receptacle of empty glue containers to your nearest Walmart® and give it to one of the Walmart People Greeters.
Last year the Elmer's Glue Crew Recycling Program had classrooms in all 50 states collecting their empty glue bottles and glue sticks for recycling. In total, nearly 1.2 Million students participated in this recycling program! How totally great is that!
Help the Elmer's Glue Crew Recycling Program be an even bigger success this year! They are setting a collection goal to exceed 2 million glue bottles and glue sticks!
Join Now to Save the bottles. Save the sticks. Save the planet.
I am definitely planning on joining. If any of you are part of this wonderful program I would love to hear what you think about it.