A weekly series of simple tips geared toward helping you darken your shade of green. Easily.
Reduce: Reduce your plastic bag usage.
- Use reusable bags instead
- For times when you forget your reusable bags ask for paper instead.
- Use reusable bags anywhere your items are put into a plastic bag.
- Opt out!
- If you only have a few items carry them instead.
- Don't put your restaurant doggie boxes in a bag.
- Ask for no bag when getting fast food
- Line your waste baskets with them.
- Take them back to the store and use them again. This also applies to plastic produce bags.
- Throw one in your car for times when you need to bring home muddy shoes or wet clothes.
- Use them to pick up doggie poo.
- Crochet them into a bag-o-bags.
Recycle: Purchase items made from recycled materials.
Hope you found these tips helpful. Feel free to share any tips you may have.
Have a Great Green Weekend!