A weekly series of simple tips geared toward helping you darken your shade of green. Easily.
Reduce: Reduce water waste.
- Ensure faucets are completely turned off
- Turn water off when shaving & brushing teeth
- Don't brush your teeth in the shower
- Replace leaky faucets
- Don't turn your shower on all the way (especially good for kiddos taking showers)
- Use drip lines for watering
- Ensure sprinklers are not watering sidewalks and fences
- Install low-flow showers
- Take a navy shower
- Give them to family & friends that raise chickens
- Take them to your local farmer's market & offer them to those selling eggs
- Give them to children museums, day-cares, & schools to use for art projects
- Use the cardboard ones as seed starters and then plant them straight in the ground
- When purchasing a new bed shop around to stores that send your old mattress to recycling centers instead of to the landfill.
Hope you found these tips helpful. Feel free to share any tips you may have.
Have a Great Green Weekend!