|Promote Waste-free Lunches in Your School - reuseit.com|
Waste-free lunches are a simple way to reduce consumption on a daily basis, helping you preserve natural resources and save money. Plus, it encourages healthy eating habits. Simply put, the cumulative effect is enormous!
- Eliminating disposable packaging and single-serving items can save families $250 a year. (Wastefreelunches.org)
- 40 billion plastic utensils are used every year in just the United States. The majority of these are thrown out after just one use. (Worldcentric.org)
- Families spend $85 a year on disposable plastic baggies. (Sierra Club)
- Each child who brings a brown bag lunch to school every day generates 67 pounds of waste by the end of the school year. (EPA)
- Read more lunch facts here.