|Promote Waste-free Lunches in Your School - reuseit.com|
Waste-free lunches are a simple way to reduce consumption on a daily basis, helping you preserve natural resources and save money. Plus, it encourages healthy eating habits. Simply put, the cumulative effect is enormous!
Ways to Spread the WordHere are a few high-impact things you can do today:
- Encourage your school to link to this page on its website
- Tell them to mention this page in their e-mail newsletter and on Facebook and Twitter
- Recommend this page as a resource for your favorite blogger, editor or writer
- Write a blog post, or share this page on your favorite forums
- Use the sharing buttons above to send the message to your Facebook friends, Twitter followers and more
- Want to see an example? Here’s how Hamilton Elementary spread the word in their e-mail newsletter!
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Top 10: Waste-free Lunches for Kids
- Disposable Lunch Facts
- Eco-Schools - providing framework to help educators integrate sustainable principles throughout their schools and curriculum
- Care2 – tips for a waste-free lunch
The 5 Steps to a Waste-free Lunch
- Replace paper bags with reusable lunch bags.
- Use reusable food containers to eliminate single-serve packaging.
- Switch from plastic baggies to reusable snack & sandwich bags.
- Reusable napkins, utensils and even straws replace their disposable counterparts.
- Kick the bottled water and juice habit with a reusable water bottle.