Wednesday, July 6

Refill Ink Cartridges at Costco

The last time I was at Costco I noticed a big sign announcing that they refill ink cartridges so I decided to look into it a little more and here is what I found out.
  • What types of cartridges can be refilled? 
    • HP, Canon, Lexmark and Dell cartridges
  • How long does it take to refill a cartridge?  
    • Typically 1 hour
  • Is there a recommended usage date for a refilled cartridge? 
    • Within 90 days
  • What are the advantages of a refilled cartridge? 
    • You save money on your purchase AND it is good for the environment since the cartridge is reused.
  • What is the proper way to handle a cartridge? 
    • As soon as you remove the cartridge from your printer, place it into a plastic clip. This will protect the cartridge and prevent it from drying out. If you do not have the clip, place 1 to 3 cartridges in a letter sized envelope. Be careful not to rub print heads together when transporting. Never touch, clean or place tape over the print head nozzles. Keep in cool place. Take the cartridge to a Costco 1-Hour Photo for refilling as soon as possible after removing it from your printer. 

I have not actually done it yet so I can not add my personal thoughts and experience. Let me know if any of you have. I am eager to hear first hand accounts!

For more information on refilling ink cartridges at Costco click over to their website: Costco

No comments: