I could not have said it better myself!
This weekend I finished up my Christmas shopping with my Envirosax® Bamboo Bag in tote (pun intended).
To say that I love this bag would be a slight understatement.
- I love how soft it is
- I love the extra wide handles (making it easier and more comfortable to carry when it is full)
- I love the design (very chic)
- I love how durable it is
- I love that it is made from bamboo!
This bag is from Envirosax’s® Organic Series. It is manufactured from natural materials (45% bamboo, 55% linen), printed with vegetable based inks, packaged in a recycled cardboard box that is printed with organic soy-based waterless inks.
The following are a few good reasons why using Bamboo as a material source is a better choice:
- 100% biodegradable
- Naturally grown without any pesticides or fertilizers
- 100% sustainable
All their series have so many fun colors, designs, and fabrics to choose from that it would not be difficult to find a bag for everyone on your Christmas list!
As I was browsing the Envirosax® website I found that it is chalked full of sustainability educational information ranging from resources for teachers & students to water conservation, alternative energy, and facts about plastic bag usage such as:
- ~ 380 billion plastic bags are used in the United States every year
- ~12 million barrels of oil is required to make that many plastic bags
- Only 1 to 2% of plastic bags in the USA end up getting recycled
- Plastic bags are often mistakenly ingested by animals or they become entangled in plastic bags and drown or can’t fly as a result
- Even when they photo-degrade in landfill, the plastic from single-use bags never goes away, and toxic particles can enter the food chain when they are ingested by unsuspecting animals
Those are some disturbing facts!
Just think of the impact you can have on the environment by making a conscious decision to use reusable bags for your shopping trips instead of plastic. And if you can look good while doing it, all the better!