Monday, February 16

The Pretenders New Plantable Album

This morning as I was driving into work (unfortunately I don’t get the day off ) I was listening to an interview with Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders and she was talking about the CD jacket of The Pretenders New Album being plantable.

She said that she had not actually tried it yet but that she heard it works.

Of course when I got to work I had to look it up (shh, don’t tell my boss) and this is what I found out about The Pretenders new plantable album:

The Pretenders ninth studio album, Break Up The Concrete, will have a limited run of ecologically-friendly packaging with handmade seed paper starting on the album’s release date of October 7.

This paper can be planted and, with care, may sprout in 1 to 4 weeks.

The paper used on this plantable run, and the paper for subsequent non-plantable runs of the CD and vinyl configuration, has all been certified by the FSC, an independent, non-governmental, not for profit organization established to promote the responsible management of the world’s forests.

The vinyl version of the album, to be released on September 23, is two 10” discs with a gatefold, die-cut to shape and debossed with concrete texture with a full Album CD in Mini Jacket

Hmm, I guess some is better then none.

I have heard of this before; seeds embedded in cards, gift tags, shirt tags, etc but I have never actually tried planting them to see if the seeds grow into flowers. Have any of you?

If you buy the pretenders new CD are you going to plant it?

Don't forget to enter the current giveaway: Soy Candle Giveaway from the SOI Company

No comments: