Recently the kind folks at the NaturalCandyStore.com sent me this cute basket filled with very yummy organic candy to sample. They also sent me a bag filled with a variety of their organic dark chocolates, hard candies, and natural Glee Gum. Needless to say this was a review that the whole family enjoyed!
They have such a long list of certified organic products to choose from that you will easily find something for every Easter basket: jelly beans, chocolate bunnies, caramels, gummy swirls marshmallows, fudge, licorice, baking decorations, and much much more!
The Natural Candy Store does not carry any products that contain synthetic dyes or artificial colors. All the colorings used in the candies they carry are derived from fruits, vegetables, and other plant sources. Like the Gummy Swirls (My family's favorite) which uses black carrot juice concentrate for the coloring.
These sweet, chewy, fruity flavored organic yummies:
- Contain 100% of the recommended daily allowance for vitamin C & calcium
- Are made with organic sweeteners
- Are corn-syrup free
- Are manufactured in CA.
I felt good about feeding these treats to my children! (They may be organic but they are still candy & at 22g of sugar per serving my kids will only get them as treats. Yes, I am one of "those" moms)
The Natural Candy Store seeks out recycled and biodegradable supplies, such as the home-compostable cellophane bags they use for bulk candy, they support fair-trade efforts, and encourage pick-up for those living in the SF Bay Area.
All the candy and gum we sampled we liked, it was all very tasty!
We did notice some differences between the organic candy and the non-organic candy;
- The organic candy tasted sweeter (so a little went a long way)
- Some of the candies (like the jelly beans) were a little grainier (maybe due to the organic sugarcane that was used)
- We could actually taste the fruitiness in the fruity candy.
Go to NaturalCandyStore.com , pick out 2 items you would like to try, come back here and leave me a comment telling me what 2 items you picked. Easy Peasy! Contest ends Monday March 30th.
- Blog about this giveaway and leave me the post link
- If one of your readers posts a comment letting me know that they found out about this giveaway from your blog post you will get an extra entry
Good Luck and happy shopping! (cuz I know that once you visit their website you will want to buy their candy!)