- Say No Thank You to the toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss that the dentist gives you in a plastic bag.
- If you do need these items accept them without the plastic bag.
- When you reschedule your next appointment don’t take the appointment card.
Reuse: Reuse used paper for scratch paper. Cut up used paper into easy to use sheets and use them for:
- Grocery lists
- Put them by the phones for note taking
- Put a few in your purse to write info on, record your next appointment date & time on, or to record your purchases (instead of taking a receipt)
- Writing directions on (instead of printing directions)
- Let the kids create with them
- Composting material
- Packing material
Recycle: Recycle your household items via a recycling center or curbside recycling.
If these services are offered in your town or an area close by, take advantage of them. Save up your recycling and make weekly or biweekly trips (depending on how much recycling you have)
Keep up to date on what these centers will take, how they want the items prepped, and what they won’t take.
Most take paper, plastic, glass, cans, cardboard, and batteries but be sure you follow their pickup directions.
Our curbside recycling just started taking used cooking oil and old paint!
Hope you found these tips helpful. Feel free to share any tips you may have.
Have a Great Green Weekend!