Now multiply that by the number of children in just one school and you get a whole lot of trash! One of the best ways to decrease the mounds of lunchtime waste that is generated by children is by packing them a reusable lunch.
Launched in August 2008, KIDS KONSERVE offers a kind of one stop shopping to make lunch packing easy with a complete line of cute, easy to use, reusable food storage options:
- Waste-free Lunch Kits
- Organic Cotton Napkins
- Beverage Bottles
- Multi size and shaped food-grade stainless steel Reusable Containers
- Canvas Sacks
- 12 oz insulated food-grade stainless steel Thermos
- Food Cozy (instead of sandwich bags)
- Draw String Party Paks
- Recycled cotton sack (7" W x 10.5" T x 4.5" with Butterfly, Caterpillar, or plain)
- Cloth napkin
- Food-grade stainless steel beverage bottle
- Food kozy
- Two 304 food-grade stainless steel food containers.
Pricing for the kits range from $40 to $42. You can also buy individual pieces and mix and match what you need. From now until June 30th you can receive 10% off your Kids Konserve order by using coupon code: overcoffee (it is never too early to start planning for next school year)
Meet the Moms behind Kids Konserve: Lynn Julian and Chance Claxton and learn how and why they started this environmentally friendly, waste reducing company. While you are there, you may want to click over to the Kids Korner where you and your children can find fun facts, waste reducing tips and contests.
Before the next school year starts I would highly recommend visiting Kids Konserve and letting your children pick the reusable lunch products they would like to use to reduce their 67 lbs of lunchtime trash!