Do you have some old pots and pans that you don’t fill comfortable donating to Good-Will or using for camping?
Might I suggest sending them to
Calphalon ReNew is a new program that makes recycling your old cookware easy!
Any brand of cookware in any condition is acceptable (as long as it is clean).
Here is what you do:
- Register with the Calphalon ReNew program on-line
- Complete the Calphalon ReNew Box that comes inside your Calphalon Unison Nonstick cookware box
- Include a copy of our Recycle Authorization Form (provided during registration)
- Send your old cookware (any brand or condition is acceptable) to Calphalon ReNew at their expense, using the pre-paid FedEx® online mailing label.
- Calphalon ReNew will send your cookware to a recycling center.
Note: This recycling program is only for cookware such as Fry Pans, Omelette Pans, Skillets, Sauté Pans, Sauce Pans, and Stock Pots. It is not for glass, glass covers, plastic objects or knives.
In exchange, for recycling your old cookware with Calphalon ReNew they will send you two 100% recycled cotton shoppers. (Who can't use 2 more reusable shopping bags?)
You can also call Calphalon Consumer Relations at 1-800-809-PANS (7267) if you have any questions.
Small programs like this can make a big difference as well as encourage more companies to think about their waste (pre and post consumer).
According to their website, Calphalon is trying to be more sustainable by
- Reducing their factories water consumption by 75 percent, saving 100,000 gallons of water per day
- Reducing its electricity consumption by 57 percent
- Making their products with 40 percent recycled aluminum
- Recycling all aluminum scrap metal & corrugated cardboard packaging waste
- Starting the Calphalon ReNew program.
These small steps can add up to big changes especially if other companies do the same!