Friday, September 4

3 R Friday

Welcome to 3 R Friday
A weekly series of simple tips geared toward helping you darken your shade of green. Easily.

Reduce: Save a tree by reducing the receipt of unwanted phone books by opting out of receiving phone books via YellowPagesGoesGreen.com.

Reuse: Reuse bread bags and twist ties.

When you are finished with your bread don't throw the bag and twist tie away. Instead, save and use them again. They are perfect for storing homemade breads in (like zucchini and banana)

Recycle: Recycle wine corks into trivet. Click here to learn how.

Hope you found these tips helpful. Feel free to share any tips you may have.

Have a Great Green Weekend!

3 comments:

Kathleen W. said...

Great tips! I reuse bread bags too, sometimes for cat litter junk, or even when I want to put a cover on a plate or bowl and put it in the fridge.

Daisy said...

I've heard rumors that the ink used on bread bags can contain carcinogens. Frankly, I reuse mine. The other option is to buy good quality washable bread bags (I have produce bags, there must be some for bread) and then bake your own! In the breadmaker, of course. It's easy.

Over Coffee - the green edition said...

Thanks Kathleen! Those are great ways to reuse them. I just fold mine up, stick them in the drawer, and wait for a good way to reuse them!

I hadn’t heard that Daisy. Thanks for sharing. The bread I buy comes from a local bakery with no ink on the bag. They use a small recycled paper card for all their info. I haven’t used my bread maker in years, never had the time. Now that I am unemployed though I probably have the time ;-)