1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg or 1/4 cup egg substitute
1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups raw rhubarb, chopped
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon melted butter
- Heat oven to 325F, lightly butter and flour two 8"x4"x3" loaf pans.
- Combine the brown sugar, veggie oil and the egg.
- Combine the buttermilk (sour milk), baking soda, salt & vanilla.
- Add the milk mixture to the sugar mixture alternately with the flour, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the rhubarb& the nuts.
- Turn batter into the two loaf pans.
- Sprinkle with the melted butter and sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until done.
- Turn out on a wire rack to cool.
If you have a yummy recipe you would like share just drop me an e-mail!