A weekly series of simple tips geared toward helping you darken your shade of green. Easily.
Reduce: Reduce the amount of gas you use:
- Ensure your tires are properly inflated.
- Consolidate driving trips.
- Ensure the maintenance on your car is current, especially oil changes.
- Use cruise control to maintain a steady speed
- Walk, bike, use public transportation.
Reuse: Reuse paper
- Shred it and use it for packing material
- Use the back side for printing things like directions
- Let your children use it for drawing or coloring
- Shred it and make your own confetti
- Print double sided
- Use shredded paper to fill Easter baskets
- Shred it and use it for composting material
Recycle: Recycle your child’s outgrown carseat.
- If you live in the Portland, OR area (or close to it), you can participate in the Car Seat Recycling at Legacy Emanuel Hospital
I don't know of another program like this one. If you do, please let us know!
Hope you found these tips helpful. Feel free to share any tips you may have.
Have a Great Green Weekend!