Thursday, May 5

Max's Mud Natural Sculpting Dough Review

My daughter loves anything artsy; paints, crayons, stencils, chalk, scissors, play-do. I'm not a big fan of play-do (for obvious reasons) so you can imagine how excited I was when I found some all natural sculpting dough for her to create with.
 
 
What's even more exciting is that it is made in my neck of the woods (the Pacific Northwest)

Here is some info about Max's Mud  from their web-site:
 

 
Max's Mud is the world's first certified organic and certified gluten-free sculpting dough!

 
Certified by ACMI conforming to non-toxic ASTM D-4236 standards.
Fragrance free.
Vegan. Tested by kids, not animals.
Soy, dairy, casein, corn and sugar-free.

 
Use vegetable based colorants (with the exception of FDA approved blue & green).
 
  • Conforms to (CPSIA) Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act Standard
  • Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth www.tilth.org 
  • Certified Gluten-Free by www.gfco.org
  • Naturally Anti-Microbial
  • Compostable and naturally biodegradable
  • Max's Mud containers are high-quality food grade,  recyclable, reusable LDPE #4 and PP #5 containers
Max's Mud comes in the following colors:
Brown 
White
Yellow
Red
Orange
Blue Green
Purple (the color I bought my daughter)

The Purple Mud is 92% Organic and made with: 100% organic rice flour, jojoba oil and natural blue color.

My daughter loves the feel of the mud and how easy it is to use. She has had the same container for 5 months now and it is still as fresh and pliable as when she first played with it. She says that it is so much easier to make things with then play-do was. She also says that she likes the smell but I'm not sure what she is smelling because I don't think it has a smell (but maybe that is what she means. It doesn't smell)

If you have kiddos that love to create with play-do I would highly recommend switching to Max's All Natural Sculpting Dough!

No comments: