A weekly series of simple tips geared toward helping you darken your shade of green. Easily.
Reduce: Reduce Coffee Waste.
- Take a reusable mug with you to your favorite coffee shop.
- Starbucks now sells reusable "mugs" for cold drinks too!
- Pour cream & sugar in before your coffee so you don't need to use a stirrer.
- Take a coffee mug to work and use it instead of a disposable cup.
- Say no to disposable stir sticks and single use creamers.
- Use a reusable coffee filter.
- Purchase shade grown organic coffee.
- Take your coffee bag back to the store and refill it.
- When drinking coffee at a coffee shop ask for it in a coffee mug.
- Sprinkle coffee grounds around outside plants.
- Most coffee shops will provide you with bags of spent coffee grounds.
- Starbucks keeps a bucket of them outside many of their store locations.
- Compost coffee filters.
- Sprinkle coffee grounds around areas that cats like to use as "litter boxes".
- Compost coffee grounds.
Hope you found these tips helpful. Feel free to share any tips you may have.
Have a Great Green Weekend!