A weekly series of simple tips geared toward helping you darken your shade of green. Easily.
Reduce: Reduce waste and resource usage by renting instead of buying.
- Rent formal dresses instead of buying new.
- Rent home improvement tools that you won't use more than once or twice instead of buying.
- Rent movies, books-on-tape, and regular books from the library.
- Rent a big car when you need one and drive a smaller one for everyday driving.
- Collect the water you use for cooking (pasta, potato, steaming veggies) and after it cools use it to water your plants with.
- Left over water from pet dishes.
- Collect water from rinsing fruit and veggies.
- Bath water.
- Left over water from drinking bottles.
- Collect rain water via a rain barrel.
Hope you found these tips helpful. Feel free to share any tips you may have.
Have a Great Green Weekend!