Saturday, February 7

SOI Candle Review

I love candles!

Every room in my house has at least one, except for my kitchen which has a couple including this yummy smelling Mandarin Cranberry soy candle from The SOI Company.

When the kind folks at The SOI Company sent me one of their clay cup soy candles to try they asked me to pick a scent. What a difficult decision! They have so many great scents to choose from it was hard to pick just one (my husband ended up choosing cuz I couldn’t decide)

Before I received the candle I read about them and learned quite a bit:
  • Burn cleaner than paraffin-based candles
  • Hand-poured using 100% kosher soy oil
  • Burn about 140 hours (approximately 40% longer than wax candles)
  • Made from American-grown soybeans (supporting the U.S. economy)
  • Soot-free
  • Soy oil burns coolly at 106ยบ into a reflective pool of soy that always remains warm to the touch (unlike wax candles)
  • Do not emit any harmful toxins (such as Benzene) into your home
  • 1 SOI Candle can scent a 2500 square foot area
  • Created from natural soy that is FDA approved

This last fact caught my eye because of what The SOI Company says, "As SOI candles are created from natural soy, the melt pool can also be used as a skin moisturizer that can be massaged into dry or irritated areas. It can also be applied as a soothing remedy to sunburns, eczema, psoriasis, and poison oak."

I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical about this part until I tried it for myself.

It really works!

I put some nice warm oil on my hands, heels, and on my daughter’s dry skin spot and they were instantly soft to the touch. My skepticism went out the door!

My only warning about using the oil as a skin moisturizer is to be careful of the candle scent you use because you will smell like that scent. Since the scent that I used was one that my husband liked I was good-to-go. (I am thinking that the next scent I get will be seaside villa so I can pretend that I am always on vacation)

In addition to the wonderful smelling 8 oz clay cup soy candle that I tried, The SOI Company has a large selection of other sizes and shapes;

16 oz jars
2 oz tins
3 oz votives
6 oz tea lights

They also sell candle accessories, rejuvenation products, and unique gifts for the frog lover on your Christmas list (it is never to early to start shopping for Christmas)

You can purchase all of these great SOI products on-line or from select retailers (click here to locate one in your area)

Another unique feature offered by the SOI Company is the Fundraising opportunities. From small organizations to large corporate events you can find an opportunity that fits you (it seems like my son’s school is constantly doing fundraisers of one kind or another so I passed this information on to our principle)

If you’re looking to green up your candles (or smooth you’re dry skin spots) I would highly recommend purchasing some soy candles from The SOI Company.

I am excited to tell you that you will have 2 different opportunities to win one of these great smelling candles. Check back next week for Opportunity #1!

2 comments:

Willo said...

I am SO excited about this. I have been looking for some really great candles. And ones that I can use as a moisturizer...I WANT ONE!

Over Coffee - the green edition said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for you... I am trying to decide what my next scent will be.