Thursday, October 8

California Baby Bubble Bath Review

My daughter loves to take bubble baths but I refuse to let her sit in a bath filled with synthetic chemical fragrance filled bubbles. I just won’t do it. Especially since she is a little girl with sensitive little girl parts (you know what I mean).

I used Lush bath bombs a few times, which she totally loved, but they are too pricey to use on a regular basis. A while back I was at Target picking up some CA baby shampoo and body wash when I saw a bottle of bubbles displayed next to the shampoo. Of course I picked it up, read the label, gulped a little at the price ($14), and put it in my cart (much to my daughter’s surprise).

That night my daughter had a warm, fun-filled, chemical free bubble bath and she loved it!

Here is some info on California Baby® Calming™ Bubble Bath from their website:
  • Special bubbling formula contains mild vegetable-derived bubbling agents, enriched with a nourishing herbal complex that works to protect delicate skin.
  • Non-drying
  • Extremely biodegradable bubble bath strictly avoids the use of synthetic fragrances and harsh bubbling agents.
  • This product was developed to avoid irritation (I can vouch for this. My daughter has never had any redness, rash, itching, or dry skin from using these bubbles) never use Sodium lauryl sulfate, DEA, or numbing agents.
  • Non-irritating formula does not promote yeast or bladder infections
  • Recommended for grownups too who need help winding down from another hectic day. A long soak in California Baby® Calming™ Bubble Bath is a great way to wash away stress - follow with a cup of chamomile tea, and you can look forward to a good night's sleep (I have never thought about using it myself but they make it sound very appealing!)
  • Safe for spas and hot tubs

Benefits & Features:

  • Contains organic and sustainably grown ingredients
  • No tears
  • No Sodium lauryl sulfate, DEA, or numbing agents
  • No synthetic fragrances
  • Aromatherapy essential oils are tested for purity and guaranteed pesticide free
  • Non-stripping of delicate mucous membranes, which can lead to yeast or bladder infections
  • Bubbles with soapbark and yucca

Tip: Because this is not a synthetic bubble bath you must help the bubbling process along by shaking/agitating bubbles under vigorously running water at the start of tub filling. (I put a small cap full under the running water as I am filling the bath. This works perfectly!)

More Bubble Baths:Overtired & Cranky, Calendula , Chamomile & Herbs™, Colds & Flu™, I Love You™, Light & Happy™, Super Sensitive™

I did gulp at the price, but just like their shampoo, a little bit goes a long way so the price per use is very reasonable! We are still on our first bottle and my daughter uses it almost every time she takes a bath. Since a small amount in the cap is all I use (and more than enough for a tub full of bubbles) I can't see buying another bottle for a while.

My daughter also lends toward dry skin and she has not had any dry patches with these bubbles which is another huge plus!

Overall I would recommend trying these bubbles. I am pretty sure my daughter would second that recommendation!

3 comments:

Daisy said...

Ah, the days of little daughters and bubble baths. My daughter is now in college and takes only showers.

Over Coffee - the green edition said...

It does go by quickly doesn't it? I try to remind myself of that during the rough times and simply enjoy it ;-)

Lisa said...

I use this bubble bath sometimes hehe. I love the smell.