A weekly series of simple tips geared toward helping you darken your shade of green. Easily.
Reduce: Reduce the amount of fresh water you use for watering plants by collecting spent water:
- Place a container in the kitchen sink and pour any excess water into it (from dog bowls, water bottles, rinsed dishes, ice cubes that fall on the floor, etc)
- Dump the left over ice from water coolers into plants
- After you give your child a bath (or take a relaxing one yourself) use the water for your plants.
- Install a rain barrel
- Water one plant over another so the excesses water waters the 2nd plant
- Place a container in your shower to catch the excess water
Reuse: Reuse dryer lint for compost material
- I keep a small bag on my dryer and just fill it with the lint. When the bag gets full and add it to my composter.
Recycle: Recycle Elmer's glue sticks with the Elmer's Glue Crew Recycling Program!®
Hope you found these tips helpful. Feel free to share any tips you may have.
Have a Great Green Weekend!