Using dental floss on myself is easy to do but not-so-easy on their teeth. I am not sure how those dental assistants do it but this mom could not.
So I went in search of dental picks and found these
|DenTek Natural Picks|
- DenTek presents the Natural Floss Pick – the first sustainable, 100% biodegradable* / recyclable floss pick on the market.
- The handle is made of starches from sustainable American crops like tapioca, potatoes, and wheat. It's just as durable as petroleum-based plastic, but decomposes in less than 180 days in commercial composting facilities.
- The renewable plastic used in DenTek Natural Floss Picks is an economically and ecologically sound substitute for petroleum-based products. These resins replace a significant percentage of petroleum-based additives with starches made out of corn, wheat, tapioca, and potatoes thus creating a highly sustainable product.
- The Natural Floss Pick bag is 100% recyclable
- DenTek Natural Floss Picks biodegrade safely and easily in a professionally managed compost facility. You can compost them in a home composter but it will take longer.
- Do not throw your used Natural Floss Picks in with your other recyclables because they are not recyclable.
- I can tell you that for flossing my children's teeth they are a whole lot easier to use then string floss.
- The pick part is really sharp so you have to be very careful when using it around the gum line.
- The floss part is thick and does not not shred but it is a little difficult to get between the tighter smaller teeth.
- I do like the fact that all the chain stores carry these picks so I don't have to go out of my to purchase them or purchase them on-line.
- I believe all their bags are 100% recyclable.
- The down-side is that the product is made overseas and overall I would not consider it a green product.